A free version of PDF Creator has been modified by the application vendor. As a result, automatic updates cannot be prevented. Because PDF Creator now updates automatically by itself, updating it by CSM would be useless.
Effect on CSM
Due to this change, PDF Creator will immediately be retired as a CSM supported application. New versions won't be available via CSM anymore. Version 3.2.2 remains the last version, which is published on CSM.
If you have been maintaining PDF Creator via CSM, you have three options to choose. Options are listed below in recommended order.
- If you're on Windows 10, check out an option to use Microsoft Print to PDF. Windows 10 includes native support for creating PDF files using this virtual printer.
- If you still want to continue using always up-to-date PDF Creator via CSM, it's possible to purchase a paid version of PDF Creator and include it in CSM as a managed application (for an additional fee). Contact our support to go further on this option.
- We are trying to find a "replacing" PDF creating application, which would be suitable as a CSM supported application. We will inform you immediately, if something is found. Follow our blog and this KnowledgeBase for further information, please.
- Continue using PDF Creator version 3.2.2. This option is not recommended by CSM team, because in that case you may not have a chance to update software when needed.
Removal of PDF Creator
Unless you decide to stay using PDF Creator 3.2.2 (not recommended), it's recommended to remove PDF Creator from your environment.
CSM for SCCM
You can manually remove PDF Creator via SCCM Management Console.
CSM for WSUS and CSM Cloud
You can manually remove PDF Creator from your computers or you can contact our support for an automatic removal.
Disabling PDF Creator on CSM
If you decide to stop using PDF Creator, you should also disable it on CSM to end billing. You can do that yourself via Centero Portal or by asking it from our support.
- PDF Creator as a CSM supported application is immediately discontinued.
- You should choose, how to continue. What ever you decide, remember to advice your end-users.
- Remember also to disable PDF Creator on CSM.
- If you need help on this matter, don't hesitate to contact our support.