Deployment process overview
Deployment processes are the key feature of CSM. From deployment process you will configure the settings related to application(s) selected to the deployment process, and also configure deployment target collections and their deployment schedule.
Deployment processes can be configured from SCCM Integration tab. Deployment processes are located on left pane, below SCCM Settings.
From SCCM Settings you can configure settings regarding MECM integration and default deployment process. From default settings you can configure a deployment process template that will be a base for upcoming deployment processes. Changing the default settings won't affect existing deployment processes.
- Read more:
Creating a new deployment process (example)
- Click on New deployment process and name it
- Select the application or applications you want on this deployment process
- Review General, Application and Deployment type settings tabs. These settings are same as configured into default settings and mostly require no need for changes
- Configure target collections and schedule from Deployment settings tab
- In our example the application chosen to the deployment process will be deployed as soon as possible to 1st CSM Group device collection and after 5 working days to 4th CSM Group device collection
- You can configure additional deployment settings from Advanced tab