1. During the initial setup CSM for MECM/WSUS can notify that the folder structure of specified Software Download Location is too long. This is because Windows has a limit of 256 characters for folder structures.
2. If you are positive that your folder structure in a local folder or in an UNC location will not reach 256 characters you can bypass this restriction:
- During the setup specify a temporary shorter location.
- After the setup open C:\ProgramData\Centero\Software Manager\PackageDownloader\PackageDownloader.xml with a text editor.
- Specify the wanted location and folder structure to the XML-file within the tags